Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting P&L in a pivot table?

Hi,

When building P&L statements in straight tables, I use separate fields to handle the sorting. This works fine, the fields handle the sorting and I just hide them so they ain´t visible for the user. But when it comes to pivot tables, I do not figure out how to do proper sorting without having

For example if I have a P&L statement with:

A) Sales

B) Costs.

In the next level for Sales I have "Sales domestic", "Sales EU", "Sales Export" (in that order).

In the next level for Costs I have "Variable costs", "Fixed internal costs", "Fixed external costs" (in that order).

How can I get a pivot table to be sorted in this order?

I first did create two help filed to handle the sorting and did concatenate these filed: ie 1-Sales, 2-Costs and 1-Sales domestic, 2-Sales EU, 3-Sales Export, 4-Variable costs, 5-Fixed internal costs, 6-Fixed external costs. But it is not nice to have thes numbers in the P&L. Is there any way to exclude/not showing the first two letters in these fields in the pivot table?

One way of doing it could be to have the load of data in the same order, but in this case it is very difficult to achieve.

Many thanks,

Tobias

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Tobias,

Try to use SubField(F1,'-',2) for dimension.

F1 is the field that store something like 1-Sales,...

Then sort data using your F1.

Regards,

Sokkorn Cheav

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Tobias,

Try to use SubField(F1,'-',2) for dimension.

F1 is the field that store something like 1-Sales,...

Then sort data using your F1.

Regards,

Sokkorn Cheav

Not applicable
Author

try use dual function

Load Dual(dimension, sortorder)