5 - Nov

6 - Dec

7 - Jan

8 - Feb

9 - Mar

10 - Apr

11 - May

12 - Jun

I sort it with this expression (ascending): =num(trim(left(Financial_Month,2)))

It's divided into 6 columns so it'll display in this order:

1 | 3 | 5 | 7 | 9 | 11

2 | 4 | 6 | 8 | 10 | 12

However, as soon as I select something (anything, let's take 1 - Jul for example). It will grey out everything and sort it like this:

1 | 2 | 4 | 5 | 8 | 10

6 | 3 | 7 | 11 | 9 | 12

Which totally confuses the end-user who now has to go and look for a specific number/month combination.

I've turned of "State" sorting (which defaults to Auto Ascending), but still this happens.

I need to solve this issue ASAP as the end-user is very irratated by this behavior (nevermind that the normal web-view vs the IE plugin works entirely different and the user required IE Plugin just to do a multi-select, where in Chrome you can do it easily. Unfortunately IE is the only supported browser here)

11 Replies
Tammy_Milsom
Community Manager
Community Manager

Try creating an inline table for that field only before it is loaded from your main data tables.  For example if the field is called FinMonth do the following

Load * inline [

FinMonth

];

Then load main data tables and after that drop the inline table.  On the listbox select Load Order on the sort tab with state and order by column unchecked.

MayilVahanan

Hi

Try with dual() function

Hope that helps..

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.