Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbyn4u
Contributor III
Contributor III

Special characters problem from googlesheet data

Hello All,

I have a data in google sheets and it is connected to Qliksense using connectors. There are few special characters in the data like Börse and getting the data in Qliksense as  B~A?se .  Kindly help me out how to handle this kind of data loading from google sheets.

output should be:

Börse

16 Replies
bobbyn4u
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No Mayank, getting the same result.

bobbyn4u
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Henric,

How to configure the connector? Do you have the link to download?

Regards,

Lakshminarayana

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I don't know which connector you use, so it is impossible for me to tell...

If you use a connector so that the script looks something like

CONNECT TO GoogleData .<connectionString> ;

SQL SELECT ... FROM ... ;

then you need to change your connection string or your ODBC settings. How you should do that, I don't know - it depends on which connector you use.

If, instead, your script looks like

LOAD ... FROM http://someurl.com/table.htm (html, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, table is @1);

then you need to change this to

LOAD ... FROM http://someurl.com/table.htm (html, utf8, embedded labels, table is @1);

HIC

bobbyn4u
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Henric,

I am using the QLIK Google Drive & Spreadsheets Connector. Kindly let me know the process how to proceed further.

Regards,

Lakshminarayana Palla

Darren_Ball
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I'm not sure which version of the Qlik Web Connectors you are using, but could you please try the latest version (November 2017, Patch 2) because an issue with character encoding for Google Spreadsheets was fixed in a patch earlier this year (Patch for Qlik Web Connectors November 2017 Release Available).

If you still have issues with the latest version, please let me know.

Thanks!

bobbyn4u
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Thank you so much, Darren! Could you please share the download link for the "Patch for Qlik Web connectors".

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lakshminarayana

bobbyn4u
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you, Darren, its working with the latest version (November 2017, Patch 2).