Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stacked Bar Chart

All,

Not sure if this is possible, but I am looking to create a stacked bar chart with two expressions: Spend and Budget. What I was to try to accomplish is to have the Budget bar one static color and value, but I want to break up the spend into a true stack bar chart by which phase it is in. So basically a side by side bar chart with one static and one stacked by phase. I've looked into "Bar off-set" but I can't figure it out. Let me know if possible!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

OK, I assume the real issue is that Budget and Spend are both on the same row of a table, not that you specifically need exactly those two expressions. Here's an example with Budget and Spend on the same row, and a fake dimension of [Type] that controls the chart behavior. There might be a better way. This seems clunky to me.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Would you mind prototyping what you have in mind? Excel or Paint picture would be nice

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Well, it only has one expression, and I did the actual work in the data model / script, but is this how you want it to look? If so, might this do the trick? If not, can you tell us a bit about your actual data model?

Not applicable
Author

This is exactly what I would be looking for but it would have to be two expressions: Sum(Spend) & Sum(Budget)

The spend would be broken out by invoice phase over the dimension YEAR and Invoice Phase but the invoice phase would be stacked in the spend expression if that makes sense, sorry complicated request

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

OK, I assume the real issue is that Budget and Spend are both on the same row of a table, not that you specifically need exactly those two expressions. Here's an example with Budget and Spend on the same row, and a fake dimension of [Type] that controls the chart behavior. There might be a better way. This seems clunky to me.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks John, I'm not sure this is doable given our client's data but great for demo purposes.