Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stacked bar chart - Display % and count

Hello,

Does anyone know how to display percentage and total count in stacked bar chart?

I created a stacked bar chart in percentage, but i'd like to show total number of count at the data point or above every stacked. Is it possible to do so?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gajapathy74
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

To my knowledge we can't display the % and count together using single expression. You need to add additional expression to show either % or count. In the additional expression, disable the selection of "Bar" (check box) and enable "Text as Pop-up" (check box) under Display options. Please refer attached image file.

Hope this would help you.

Regards,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
gajapathy74
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

To my knowledge we can't display the % and count together using single expression. You need to add additional expression to show either % or count. In the additional expression, disable the selection of "Bar" (check box) and enable "Text as Pop-up" (check box) under Display options. Please refer attached image file.

Hope this would help you.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi RG,

Thanks! it works!

Another question, when i move my mouse on the stacked, i'll see the pop-up, i can see my figure showing in the following format, how do i add the label for the count? i did fill the field LABEL, but, it's still not showing. Thanks if you could provide some tips.

Total = 20%

gajapathy74
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Please append your label before your expression. Assuming your label is "Count" and your expression is "Count(Field)".

='Count: ' & Count(Field)

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi, this is really helpful but when I do this the value is around 15 for the bottom stack of my chart but the chart axis runs from 0 to 1 so this value is showing as a pop up for the whole chart. Thus when I do the same for my next stack the pop up will not show as the value is off the chart.

Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks

Dylan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Can someone specify how we can do the same if we have multiple expressions?

i have stacked bar chart , each segment of the bar should show its respective count and percentage ..is this possible?

When i implemented the above soloution , i get % for the specific segment of the bar and counts of all segments in the bar displayed ..when hovered over..

Thanks

Mohith15102020
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Gajapathi,

If i want to achieve the same in Qlik Sense( June 2018 ).  How can i show both Percentage & Count in Stacked Bar Chart

Can you or any of our Qlik folks suggest me the directions. Thanking you all...

Any qvf file or example will help too.