Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Step by Step Guide to connect to Oracle DB

Hi

is there any step by step Installation guide of the Oracle Client on the QlikView Server to connect the QlikView Application to this database Oracle11?

like,

1. what Client exactly and why, specially for millions or records load (more than 100 millions), Advantages / disadvantages

2. link of the download (difficult if we do not have experience with this Connection)

3. what steps to follow to install it, Troubleshooting in case something does not work with the connection

Thanks for any help on this

Felipe

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you don't know this I seriously suggest you ask an Oracle Database Administrator to help you. You can find the installer and the installation and configuration documentation on the Oracle website. Google can tell you where to find oracle.com

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks, I think is better. My colleague from IT could not find the Installation files, so will ask better somebody with experience on this. I also checked that Oracle is not like Microsoft SQL, which is more simplier to handle

Felipe

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

1. Install Oracle Instant Client (we installed 32 bit) - Our IT created a tunnel connection between both Servers (QlikView and Oracle)

2. In QlikView Server: Set up new System DSN (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32)

3. In QlikView: Edit Script / Data / Database / ODBC / Check Force 32 (because of the 32 Bit Client)

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi Felipe,

Please find the attachment.

Thanks,

AS

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Amit

thanks for this, I will use it , but my issue was more a Connection to an Oracle database. This is now solved

Best

Felipe