Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Store Comp logic

Dear All,

Please find the attached application and the requirement elaborated along with that.

Please suggest me ways to do the same either through Expression or at Script level.

Regards,

Sridhar Chitikela

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Any help appreciated... Sad

Regards,

Sridhar Chitikela

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sridhar,

I tried to understand what you really looking for ... but the Comp part is not really clear.

Maybe you could explain it in another context?

As far as I understood:

You have 3 stores (when operating is available in the months which are entered ... )

The dummy field does not bother for the sample ... or do you mean this dummy field should contain something to select the correct information?

So Comp means which store operated in the selected month??

You try to say that the selected months only those stores should be visible which did have operations?

The Comp part is not clear to me ... what does it mean and how should it be used?

Not applicable
Author

Dear Fuchten,

Thanks for looking into my Comp problem.

Let me explain you further what does it mean by Comp for me:

In general in Qlikview we will compare Current Year data with previous year data with out checking in which month particular store has started operations or opened?

When i say comp it should compare the stores for the same period in the last year, so for us with out any selections in the month the current period we are looking at is Jan to Nov (the current month being Nov). So when i click on Comp it should compare with stores whcih must operaated in all the months Jan to Nov in the last year. Otherwise i don't want that store to appear in any of my analysis.

Based on this requirement, If i choose Comp and Selected the months Jan to Nov, Only Store 3 should appear as it started in Jan last year and running now as well (basis the sales data availability)

And now if I select Comp and Months Jan to Apr still only Store 3 appears as Store 1 and Store 2 opened in Feb last year (no operaations in Jan last year)

But if i select Comp and Months Feb to Apr, then it should show the sums for all the 3 stores as they have operations in Feb to Apr in the last year.

Dear Fuchten I know understanding this logic is very tricky, even explaining to others as well is very tricky. For me it took week days to understand but couldn't implement the same. Please go through and let me know if you still couldn't follow the logic.

In summary the Comp should compare any stores data if it must have data for the periods we selected in the last year and this year as well.

I sincerely appreciate anybody's help on this..

Regards,

Sridhar Chitikela