Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Store previously calculated values

I’m running a report where I need to keep track of the backlog. This is defined as the number of projects with status=0. Getting the current backlog is easy but the problem is that I need to store the backlog value as it was in the previous month in question, not as it is today. Eg. I can’t calculate February’s value in March, it needs to be calculated in February and then recalled in March for a month-on-month comparison.

Is this solvable in QV or do I need to store the value elsewhere and import it to QV?

Thank you in advance

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

I guess this is possible in qv itself. Could you please post an example app wih sample data?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you are talking about making a snapshot of the data to be able to retrieve later then this is best done with the creation of a QVD to store the results at a point in time and then calling the required QVD into your app as a data source.

Let me know if you need some more info on creating QVDs as this is a really useful technique in QlikView.

rahulgupta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Gustav,

For this scenario, you have to code using QV Script with the following steps in mind:

1. Load the Table with the Today's Month Year as Snapshot Month Year.

2. Store it as a QVD.

3. Next Day while loading the data from the Database, Repeat Step 1

4. Concatenate previously stored file with the condition: SnapshotYearMonth > $(=Date(today(), MMYYYY)

5. Finally, store the concatenated file to the Qvd with the same name as previous file.

This will maintain the Monthly snapshots of the Data.

Hope this helps.

Warm Regards,

Rahul