Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight table fixed column widths possible?

Hi All

I've developed an app that has multiple straight tables with carefully aligned columns. I've unticked size / move in the layout tab for them all. My users can still change the column widths.

Is there a way I can fix the column widths so the users cant alter them?

Second question, is it possible to add vertical dividing lines in a straight table say every 3 columns?

Many thanks

Dominic

5 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You could cover the whole chart with a transparent text box. Then they couldn't change column widths, though unfortunately then they couldn't do anything else either. So it's only helpful if they don't need to do any clicking inside the chart.

For vertical dividing lines, you could make an extra column with no data, make it really thin, and give it a black background color. What I'd personally do, though, is use a light gray background color expression for groups of three expressions, with three white background expressions between each group.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dominic,
You have to do the next things:
- In chart properties, layout, uncheck "Allow Move/Size"
- In Sheet properties , security, uncheck "Move/Size..."
- In document properties, security, uncheck "Admin Override Security"

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael.

Problem though, I don't want users to be able to save the document so I have that unticked in the document properties, so when I untixk admin overrides security I am unable to save the document?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael

I made your changes:

In chart properties, layout, uncheck "Allow Move/Size"
- In Sheet properties , security, uncheck "Move/Size..."

without unticking the admin overrides security and it worked!

Thanks for your help

Dominic

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi John, I actually have a scenario where I do not want them to do anything else inside a chart. How do I "cover the whole chart with a transparent text box"? Thanks, ~Tina