Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight table to only show top 10 values

I have a straight table and I would like to only show the top 10 oldest issues for a Monthly Load Date.  Below is a calculation that I have tried to use to get a count, but I cannot figure out how to use this to get the Rank to show top 10.  I have looked around at other posts, but I cannot figure it out, using the Load date as a criteria.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

=count({<[Monthly Unique Issue] ={'0'},[Monthly Unique AP]={'0'},[Monthly Load Date] = {'$(=Max([Monthly Load Date]))'}>} [Monthly Issue ID])

Attached is sample data that I am working with

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this:

If(Rank(TOTAL Only({<[Monthly Load Date] = {'$(=Max([Monthly Load Date]))'}>} [Monthly Issue Age]), 4) < 11, Only({<[Monthly Load Date] = {'$(=Max([Monthly Load Date]))'}>} [Monthly Issue Age]))

Sample attached

View solution in original post

22 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be like this:

If(Rank(Count({<[Monthly Unique Issue] ={'0'},[Monthly Unique AP]={'0'},[Monthly Load Date] = {'$(=Max([Monthly Load Date]))'}>} [Monthly Issue ID])) < 11, Count({<[Monthly Unique Issue] ={'0'},[Monthly Unique AP]={'0'},[Monthly Load Date] = {'$(=Max([Monthly Load Date]))'}>} [Monthly Issue ID]))

or you can use dimension's limit to restrict your chart to show only the top 10 values.

Not applicable
Author

HI Sunny:  That calculation did not work, it is still showing all lines and all values, not just the top 10.

I cant use Dimension Limits, since this is a straight table and Dimension limits are only available to me in graphs.

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share your qvw?

Not applicable
Author

I have just created a sample QV, I cannot share the original, as it has proprietary information.

sunny_talwar

Each of the row is Count(.....) = 1... what is top 10 here?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use "Dimension Limits" to show only top 10.

Not applicable
Author

Payal:  I have tried that, it doesn't work, it still shows all.

Sunny:  I am looking to show the Oldest 10 (Based on Issue Age).

sunny_talwar

Is this the goal?

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Yes, exactly!!  How did you get that?