Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Strange Straight Table scroll with Timer Variable in Expression

Dear Experts,

As subject, I find it quite strange behavior if there is Timer Variable use in expression on Straight Table object (or any chart).

The table cannot be scroll, and always back to the top, though the timer variable already write in proper if condition in expression.

The case example is attached, the objective is to make autoscroll table (combine timer variable and rank function), with button trigger, so if the trigger is stop, then the table should can be scrolled manually by user.

The expression simply like this:

if(vstart=1,

if(mod(vmod,2)=1, sum(SALES)),

sum(SALES)

)

if vstart=0, then the table should be directly only evaluate sum(SALES), but unfortunately it seems the vmod keep being evaluated and cause the table state always back to top.

Any other solution to make 'live like' qlikview dashboard with autoscroll table rather than using timer variable?

Regards,

Alex

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

I guess this is because the expression is being re-evaluated frequently because of now(). Alternatively try preserving scroll position (Layout tab).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Not sure if understood your requirement right. However, I can scroll the chart with vstart=0

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your response.

Have you try to change vstart=1 (let the table blinking) and then set it back to 0,

then try to scroll down, can it keep at down or back to top?

I'm using SR7.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I guess this is because the expression is being re-evaluated frequently because of now(). Alternatively try preserving scroll position (Layout tab).

Not applicable
Author

Wow, preserve scroll position is the answer.

It works exactly as expected, thank you very much tresesco...