cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange bookmark ID

Hi,

I have a report that contains 28 document bookmarks - when I try and create a 29th document bookmark, the automatically-generated bookmark ID does not follow the previous bookmark ID sequentially - please see screenshot below; the new bookmark is the last one listed in the screenshot below, named 'RPM - FAM EMEA' - I expected the bookmark ID to follow on from the previous one, so the ID for the new bookmark should be "BM68" (Note: the first bookmark ID in this report is "BM40"):

bookmarks dialog.png

Why has Qlikview assigned an ID of "BM68_537309743"?? Also, how can I fix it? I have tried the following statement as macro code, but it would not change the ID - have I got the syntax wrong, or am I missing some code?

sub setBookmarkIds

ActiveDocument.SetDocBookmarkId "BM68_232661786","BM68"

end sub

Many thanks,

VB

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'm interested in a solution for this, too. I had to change an existing bookmark (the Replace Bookmark function didn't help) and I had to create a new one. My preferred solution is to set the same ID that it had before.

Any ideas?

a_mullick
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

I had a similar problem (see screenshot below). I am not sure of the reason, but the BM06_xxxxxxxx appeared to be connected to the fact that I created a PRJ (project) folder just a couple of days before. As the PRJ folder was not needed I simply deleted it and tried again and I got a 'normal' bookmark (BM02) as expected. I know this is not an ideal siolution, but hopefully it sheds some light on the cause of the situation.

BM Numbering.PNG

Thanks,

Azam