Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ladislav
Contributor III
Contributor III

Structured text in QV model

Hey Guys

I am designing model where I need to put a lot of documentation.

I need to have this explanations on the click of a button inside the model.
This has to be structured text with pictures in it.

But:

1, My stakeholders are using IE plugin in access point (no AJAX) therefore I have no option to use plugins.

2, Also I don’t want to use snapshots/pictures in the text boxes, because when they zoom to full screen it looks awful.
It is almost unreadable after some zoom even when I use PNG format.

Do you please have any other suggestions how to get it done?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I think there isn't really a good way to reach this with the IE plugin. One way could be to use a lot of nested/overlapping textboxes each with a special format and content with a visibilty-control through many variables. Another possibilty is to load all your documentation in a structured table which you then showed in a table-chart. But both methods are far away from looking nice and they will cause a lot of efforts.

Maybe it's better to create these documentation as pdf- or html-files which will be opened by the button.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think there isn't really a good way to reach this with the IE plugin. One way could be to use a lot of nested/overlapping textboxes each with a special format and content with a visibilty-control through many variables. Another possibilty is to load all your documentation in a structured table which you then showed in a table-chart. But both methods are far away from looking nice and they will cause a lot of efforts.

Maybe it's better to create these documentation as pdf- or html-files which will be opened by the button.

- Marcus

ladislav
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Marcus.
I run out of options here. It is frustrating that QlikTech was not able to provide any solution for such an obvious drawback as this one is.

ladislav
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Marc, one more question please.

Is there a way to open PDF or Htm document on specific location in text? This way I can create links inside the model about specific topics. When user clicks on one, it will take him to a relevnat topic which explains exactly what he was interested about.

Can it be done? Maybe some boomarks or macro would help.

Thank you.

marcus_sommer

Yes, the url to the pdf/html could be dynamically depending on the user-selection maybe like:

= '\\YourServer\d$\YourFolder\' &

only({< UserSelection = {"$(=getfieldselections(UserSelection))"}>} FileName) & '.pdf'

and open then a certain part from your documentation.

- Marcus