'Chair', 'Wood', '1,0', 'm3'
    'Chair', 'Fabric', '0,5', 'm2'
    'Table', 'Steel', '0,2', 'kg'
    'Closet', 'Wood', '2,0', 'm3'
    'Closet', 'Plastic', '0,7', 'kg'
];

With this I have created a pivot table that looks like this:

UsedMaterial.JPG

This table allows users to see what materials are used in a product and how much of it is used for the invoiced quantity.

I have added the Invoiced quantity as a dimension because I do not want it to repeat within each fabric.

What is still missing from this table is a total row. I know how to add this using the "Show partial sum" option in the Presentation tab of the table. But this will only give me totals of the expressions. I would also like a total of the Invoiced quantity, which is a dimension.

The following pivot table does have a total for each Used quantity, but not for the Invoiced quantity:

UsedMaterialTotal.JPG

Is there a way to get the total of the Invoiced quantity on the total line as well?

The attached file Pivot_total.qvw contains the tables and data used in my question.

6 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

covert you pivot to straight table first

then select invoice expression> Express total or sum of row

select it

then again convert it into pivot

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response Sunil.

I don't think the solution you are suggesting can work, because my Invoiced quantity is not an expression, but a dimension.

The only reason that I choose it to be a dimension is because I do not want the column repeating itself with each Material.

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

one more way you can try

aggr(if (dimensionality()=0,sum(Invoice Quantity),Invoice Quantity),Product) in dimension

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

That would add up the Invoiced quantities if there are multiple lines in the Product table of the same product. But this will not give me a total line.

I would like to have a total of all of the Invoiced quantities. This column is only a dimension because I only want it to appear ones. It should not repeat itself like the Used quantity does.

Thanks

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I don't think that it is possible for you to do it exactly that way. As a workaround, perhaps you could consider a separate text box showing the invoiced quantity total.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

That's what I was afraid of.

The workaround that you suggest is a good idea. Since my total is on the top I can make it look like the textbox is part of the table.

Thanks!