Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Subtotals not dispalyed, when Only function is used in pivot table

Hi Experts,

I have scenario where I would like to compare the sale of a particular product with all Products of the category - I use the following expression

=Sum(AGGR (NODISTINCT SUM({ <QUARTER_YEAR = {">=$(vFiscalStart)<=$(vFiscalEnd)"}, [PRODUCT_CATEGORY]=, PRODUCT=> }  SALES), [PRODUCT_CATEGORY]))

This fetches me the expected results when no Product / Product Category is selected. However, When I select a Product / Product Category, I am seeing the correct numbers only for the selected Product / Product Category. In order to ensure, that my results are not changed, when there is a selection happening in either of Product or Product Category, i used the below expression,

only({1}AGGR(NODISTINCT SUM({<MONTH_YEAR = {">=$(vTimeStart)<=$(vTimeEnd)"}, PRODUCT_CATEGORY=, PRODUCT=> }SALEAMOUNT), PRODUCT_CATEGORY))

But thi sexpression doent display subtotals. The radio button for sub total has been selected in the presentation tab.

How do i ensure that the subtotals is displayed?

Thanks,

Divya

1 Reply
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The Only function only(!) returns a result when there is one possible result and for the subtotals there are several. Why don't you use

=Sum({1} AGGR (NODISTINCT SUM({ <QUARTER_YEAR = {">=$(vFiscalStart)<=$(vFiscalEnd)"}, [PRODUCT_CATEGORY]=, PRODUCT=> }  SALES), [PRODUCT_CATEGORY]))

To disregard all selections, or

=Sum({<Product=,[PRODUCT_CATEGORY]=>} AGGR (NODISTINCT SUM({ <QUARTER_YEAR = {">=$(vFiscalStart)<=$(vFiscalEnd)"}, [PRODUCT_CATEGORY]=, PRODUCT=> }  SALES), [PRODUCT_CATEGORY]))

to disregard selctions in either Product or [PRODUCT_CATEGORY]