Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrickbender
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sum of aggr function

Hi,

I have a QV table with an expression that looks like below.

As you can see from the picture it doesn't seem to add upp in the column total and I can't figure out why.

The expression looks like this:

MålkortsDatum = Date formated as YYYY-MM-DD

SVDate (Variable) = 2018-10-30

SlutprognosAnsvar = number column (data from excelfile)

ProjektNr = number column (data from excelfile)

AnsvarNr = number column (data from excelfile)

FirstSortedValue({$<MålkortsDatum={"<$(SVDate)"}>} distinct aggr(Sum({1<MålkortsDatum={"<$(SVDate)"}>}SlutprognosAnsvar), ProjektNr, AnsvarNr, MålkortsDatum),-MålkortsDatum)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
patrickbender
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for the information Stefan,
I ended up rewriting the expression after getting a better understanding of the expressions and this is the end result:

Sum({$<MålkortsDatum={"<$(SVDate)"}>}AGGR(FirstSortedValue(SlutprognosAnsvar, -MålkortsDatum), ProjektNr, AnsvarNr))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you say 'add up' that means you want a sum of rows in your pivot table?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/ChartFunctions/NestedAgg...

Try adding the the Sum(Aggr(..., YourChartDimensions)) like

=Sum({$<MålkortsDatum={"<$(SVDate)"}>} Aggr(

FirstSortedValue({$<MålkortsDatum={"<$(SVDate)"}>} distinct aggr(Sum({1<MålkortsDatum={"<$(SVDate)"}>}SlutprognosAnsvar), ProjektNr, AnsvarNr, MålkortsDatum),-MålkortsDatum)

,ProjektNr, AnsvarNr))

patrickbender
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That is awesome!
Why does it work when using a second aggr argument?

patrickbender
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for the information Stefan,
I ended up rewriting the expression after getting a better understanding of the expressions and this is the end result:

Sum({$<MålkortsDatum={"<$(SVDate)"}>}AGGR(FirstSortedValue(SlutprognosAnsvar, -MålkortsDatum), ProjektNr, AnsvarNr))