Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SumProduct equivalent function in Qlikview

I need to calculate the overall average cost for a given dimension (entire data set). The enclosed EXCEL and QVW is a complete statement of what I wish to achieve and the way I have approached the solution.

Forecast drivers (Straight table) has InputSum fields needed for forecasting based on various scenarios. This value is used to the expression in the second straigt table Forecast Analysis. I am expecting 45,333 as the Overall Opening ARC and simialrly 45,342 as the Overall Joiner ARC.

Please help solve this issue or suggest alternate approach.@

Advance thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please find attached application in which i have modified the expression to achieve the expected output.

Regards,

Jatin kolhe.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

May be like this.

Make sure your joiner ARC calculation is correct.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Ashfaq, thanks for attempting. While Opening ARC gets fixed by slightly modifying the expression, we still have an issue with the expression for Joiner ARC. The expression change [Opening ARC] * (1 + sum(SimJoinerOpeningARC)) applies an 89% increase on the Opening ARC of 45,333. That is not correct.

When we set Total Mode as Expression Total, it takes the Total of SimJoinerOpeningARC from the Forecast Drivers table and multiplies it with the column total of Opening ARC (i.e 45,333). We need to overcome this precise issue.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please find attached application in which i have modified the expression to achieve the expected output.

Regards,

Jatin kolhe.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sir,

Find the attached

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jatin. Wonderful

Whenever you have count for HC using it with Aggregation function seems to be the right way of implementation.