Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sumarise a table of expressions into a matrix

Hi all,

I have created a table with two expressions calculated against a dimension. I now want to use the categories that are calculated in the expression to summarise. If I export hte tabel into Excel then it it really easy to create the summary. Is there a way that I can reference columns from a different table so that i can do this in QlikView?

The table I have is along the lines:

summarise tabe start point.png

The engagement expression is:

=

If(sum([Hours])>Fractile (total aggr(sum([Hours]),[Group]),0.80), '1st fractile (top20%)',

If(sum([Hours])>Fractile (total aggr(sum([Hours]),[Group]),0.60), '2nd fractile',

If(sum([Hours])>Fractile (total aggr(sum([Hours]),[Group]),0.40), '3rd fractile',

If(sum([Hours])>Fractile (total aggr(sum([Hours]),[Group]),0.20), '4th fractile','5th fractile (bottom20%)'))))

The performance change expession is more complicated and includes variables so that different things can be selected here. It probably does not help to include it, but for completeness here it is:

if((((avg({<[Date]={"$(=vMax_date)"}>} $(vExpression_map2)))
-
(
avg({<[Date]={"$(=vMin_date)"}>} $(vExpression_map2))))
/((
vMax_date)-(vMin_date)))<=-1,'3.Declined',

-
(
avg({<[DCS_Year]={"$(=vMin_date)"}>} $(vExpression_map2))))
/((
vMax_date)-(vMin_date)))>=1,'2.Improved',

-
(
/((
vMax_date)-(vMin_date)))=0 and avg($(vExpression_map2))>=3,'1.Remained High',

-
(
/((
vMax_date)-(vMin_date)))=0 and avg($(vExpression_map2))<=2,'4.Remained Low',))))

The summary structure I would like is:

sumarise a tabe of expressions.png

Anyideas?

Many thanks,

Isabel

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Is there a way that I can reference columns from a different table so that i can do this in QlikView?

No, you can't reference columns or cells of other charts. What you can do is put your expressions in variables and (re)use those variables in the expressions in your charts.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand