Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Announcement: Certain actions are currently causing a Page Not Found error. This is a known issue and we are working with the platform vendor to investigate and resolve it.
Highlighted
Not applicable

Surely this is a simple fix...

...I just can't seem to figure it out!

I have two fields, BeautyParadeDate and SiteVisitDate.

I'd like to do the following;

If both fields are blank then state "Tender", else, state BeautyParade or SiteVisit dependant on which date is greater.

For some reason I cannot get this to work

Can anyone help please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: Surely this is a simple fix...

Nothing seemed to work with this so I had to build a separate indicator field for each status and work it out from there. Thanks anyway people

8 Replies
marcarreras
Valued Contributor

Samuel,

Is this an script issue or are you stacked building an expression? Please post sample as well.

Marc.

Not applicable

I'm trying to achieve it within the script, I've literally got one line of data at the moment with two fields!

Beauty Parade Date Site Visit Date
03/02/2015

If they are both blank then "Tender" else state the one with the max date. The result of the above should say "Site Visit"

Maybe this:

Alt(If(BeautyParadeDate > SiteVisitDate, BeautyParadeDate, SiteVisitDate), 'Tender') as SiteVisit

or

If(IsNull(BeautyParadeDate) and IsNull(SiteVisitDate), 'Tender', If(BeautyParadeDate > SiteVisitDate, BeautyParadeDate, SiteVisitDate)) as SiteVisit

HTH

Best,

S

Tested the following code with some dummy data and it seems to work just as you wanted:

Table:

LOAD * INLINE [

BeautyParadeDate, SiteVisitDate

01/01/2015, 12/31/2014

03/15/2013, 06/15/2013

];

Table2:

LOAD *,

Alt(If(BeautyParadeDate > SiteVisitDate, BeautyParadeDate, SiteVisitDate), 'Tender') as SiteVisit

Resident Table;

Best,

S

Not applicable

Must be something odd going on then as I tried these solutions before and all I get is Tender, for some reason the dates are being ignored

May be the dates you are using are picked up by QlikView as text instead of date. You might want to use Date# function if that is the case.

Best,

S

Partner
Partner

As suggested by sunindia, it is working. Please could you add sample code here which you are using .

Not applicable

Nothing seemed to work with this so I had to build a separate indicator field for each status and work it out from there. Thanks anyway people