Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Talk to Experts Tuesday, Live Q&A, September 22: Moving from QlikView to Qlik Sense. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Table box column visible for me but not other users

I have a table box full of transaction details.  I added 2 new columns to the table today and then republished the app to the Access Point.  When I open the Access Point copy I see the 2 additional columns in the table.  But, when I have another user open the table the 2 new columns are not visible.

The 2 new columns are dimensional data that is commonly used elsewhere and did not involve any new data modeling.  I have tried to clear the current state before opening it but that does not help.  There is no section access or security applied that was different before I added the 2 new columns.  In fact, there is no section access at all.

does anyone have any ideas for me of what to try?  It seems very strange that the 2 new columns show for me but not for my users.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Champion III
Champion III

Can you send screen shots of what you can see and the users can see. When you add those dimension fields to the table box were they hidden with scroll bar enabled. Try like add those two dimensions as Listboxes and check with user if they can see those two listboxes.

Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

thank you Vishwarath

Please find attached a spreadsheet with the desired screenshots.

Here is a shot of the table with the new columns visible

Columns Visible.PNG

Here is a screenshot of the columns NOT visible.

Columns gone.PNG

I have done some testing and it turns out that the columns are visible when using IE Plugin but not visible if I use AJAX.

Very strange; any ideas?

Highlighted
Champion III
Champion III

When you are on desktop version can you view your dashboard in webview mode? Can you also share your app if possible?

Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

thank you Vishwarath

Turns out that I could not see the columns in webview either.  But, just to make things more strange, when I checked the table properties from within Qlikview desktop I did not see the new columns as having been added to the table.  Very strange!  Because, even while doing that I went back out to the Access Point and tried again and I could see them from within IEPlugin but not from Ajax.

As a result I went ahead and added them again in the QVW using the desktop client; republished the app from QMC and then checked it again from the Access Point and now the column appears when using Full browser/AJAX.

I still don't understand what happened, but, things appear to be working now.