Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Table filtering

Hi there,

I have the below on my dashboard.

Essentially, the Ref field is the project ID.

The dependent field should show the project ID that this particular project is dependent on. For example, Project 2 is dependent on project 1 completing.

When I click on the "Dependent" column, I'd like to be able to filter by ref, not by the contents of that column. So, if I select Project 1 from the dependent column, it should filter ref, to show Project 1.

Is this possible?

dashboard.PNG

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps with Select in Field actions assigned to the OnSelect field trigger of the Dependent on field. You can find the triggers on the Triggers tab of the Document Properties window. The field to select in would be ref and the value would be =only([Dependent on])

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you - very helpful.

I've got a bit stuck here - can you advise?

logic.PNG

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You're selecting in the field [dependent], so that's the field you should select for the field even trigger. You want to make a selection in the ref field so that's the field name you should use for the Field settting in the Select in Field action. the Search string value should be the value that you select in the dependent field, i.e. =only(dependent)

Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

Sorry, it doesn't seem to be working

trigger.PNG

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Please post a small qlikview document that illustrates the problem.

Not applicable
Author

I can't, I currently am evaluating Qlikview, so only have the personal edition

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't see how that makes it impossible to create a small qlikview document and upload it here.