cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Table sort order reverting when reloaded

Hi all,

I have a strange situation:

I have altered the sort order of my straight table, deployed it to the server, and reloaded it via the Management Console. When I then go into the report via Access Point it has been reverted to the previous order. I've then checked the source document and it too has changed back to what it was before.

It's definitely right in the version I am editing, and can confirm it is correct on the server before it is reloaded. But as soon as I reload it, it alters itself.

Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did you save the changes before closing it??

Also their are coulpes of file like .pgo,  .shared & .meta file in accesspoint folder which does not reflect the changes.

Manually delete those files and then access your chenged QVW, it would reflect for sure

Check this as well?

File types in Qlikview

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

I think if you change the underlying data model like removing and re adding fields, the sort gets reset.

hth

Sasi

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

Check this,

27-02-2014 13-22-38.png

HTH,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Not applicable
Author

I've deleted out the .shared file for the document, couldn't find a .meta one for it though, but it's still doing the same thing.

I've altered the sort so that on the particular problematic field it doesn't actually do any sorting on it (unticked all the options) and moved it to the bottom of the list. However while still keeping the options unticked, it moves this field back up to the top of the list and actually does seem to be sorting it in ascending order

Not applicable
Author

I was just copying it across by itself at first, but when I tried copying it with other changes to the model, it was still reverting

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I tried doing this but it didn't seem to stop it from reverting

Not applicable
Author

Hi James,

I came across the same phenomenom.

For what I know, a reload Job as well as a publish Job via management console will switch the sorting order.

So I did the following:

Save the sorting order "asc" in the file when I need it to be "dsc" on the Access Point. The reload job will then switch this to be "dsc". The following publish job would switch this again to "asc".

So I just planned another reload job between the first reload and publish Job and the sorting order on the Access Point is as I want it to be.

I hope this helps

best regards

Benedikt