Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joris_lansdaal
Creator
Creator

Tables with png not displayed in webbrower

Hi All,

I've run into the following challenge.

In my tables I use variables which contain a location and logic to display the correct  .png

Via Qlikview all is displayed well; We see green and red arrows in the collumn Target.

Target Image worlking.PNG

However in the webbrowser the location is displayed, not the png.

Target Image incorrect.PNG

Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're accessing the qlikview document through the access point then make sure the Qlikview Server has access to those images. If it has no access to read files from that share it won't be able to push them to your browser.

Alternatively you can try using characters instead of images: Replacing images with Geometric Shapes as visual cues

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

8 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Possibly the png files are not there in the server location (mentioned path in the qvw). You have to refer the png files from the server or any UNC location.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're accessing the qlikview document through the access point then make sure the Qlikview Server has access to those images. If it has no access to read files from that share it won't be able to push them to your browser.

Alternatively you can try using characters instead of images: Replacing images with Geometric Shapes as visual cues

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
joris_lansdaal
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, but the images are there.

joris_lansdaal
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks you,

I'll look into that. Funny thing is that both examples mentioned are run from the same qlikview server.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

It has to be something with access issue.I would put the images in the same folder as qvw and refer them in the qvw from the new path. Then try re-publishing the app.

joris_lansdaal
Creator
Creator
Author

that did not work. There's some kind of reason why the images are not pushed trough to the browser...

atoz1158
Creator II
Creator II

Another way of doing this would be to bring the images into the qvw by using a Bundle prefix on a load if there is not a lot of them and they are small.

Use something like this

In the load script

Bundle

LOAD * INLINE [

Image Name, Image Location

ArrowUp-G, \\ImageServer01\Images\ArrowUp-G.png

ArrowDown-R, \\ImageServer01\Images\ArrowDown-R.png

];

Then to use them on tables

='qmem://Image Name/ArrowUp-G'

='qmem://Image Name/ArrowDown-R'

joris_lansdaal