Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhavikumehta
Contributor III
Contributor III

Tabular chart Dimension and Measures column sorting

Hello,

my dashboard is having a tabular chart with few mandatory dimensions (12) and measures (5); and few conditional dimensions (18) and measures (6).

column order to be displayed in tabular chart is:

mandatory dimensions

conditional dimensions

mandatory measures

conditional measures

when i select 6 conditional dimensions, 5th and further conditional dimensions appears after mandatory measures.

kindly suggest how to maintain column order as mentioned above. thank you.

5 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Bhavik, I think that the only option is to show all columns and manually relocate them dragging the column.

bhavikumehta
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Ruben - unable to drag columns. please suggest.

rubenmarin

Why unable to drag? can you upload a sample/screenshot to better understand the requirements?

bhavikumehta
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

PFA screenshot - it has Dimensions, then Expressions and then again Dimensions

Expected - All Dimensions should come first and then All Expressions.

FYI - Tabular chart shown in screenshot has 17 dimensions and 9 Expressions in selected layout

SnipImage.JPG

When i drag 'PHL3' to the left of 'Qty' expression, it shows arrows pretending that it is dragging while mouse key is pressed, once i release mouse key, dimension sits back at its original place. Please suggest.

rubenmarin

When I drag blue arrow shows and columns are moved, dimensions can be mixed with expressions, no matter if they are calculated or not.

In presentation tab there is an option to allow dragging columns, but if arrow shows it should be allowed.

I also tried to set only readable, sheet security... in all cases I can drag columns if it's allowed in presentation tab.

Can you reduce and/or scramble data to check in a sample?