Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slondono
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Technical questions about QV and QS

Hi guys.

A client of mine is in need of the following information, can you help me please or refered to me to a document wich contain the answers?

1. The software (QView and QSense) can manage high volumes of data per record ? Less than 10MM, between 10MM and 100MM, more than 100MM??

2. It allows high concurrency of user per day ?. How many users? ( from 0 to 100 , 100 to 200 , more than 200 )

3. The tool allows you to extract information massively ? flat files ?

4. What are the minimum requirements required in terms of processor and RAM for different devices where information is displayed ?

5. The software allows many users accessing to the same information simultaneously ? Approximately 200 people at a time?

Thank u all

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

1. There is only one restriction - max. 2 billion of unique field-values for each field. This meant you are practically only limited to your available amount of RAM.

2. + 5. There are no real limits - you need of course to purchase the appropriate licences and enough hardware to handle the user-demands in a for sufficient time-frame. This meant you will need to install server-clusters with an appropriate load-balancing.

3. It's very easy to load all types of flat-files.

4. Your devices need no special hardware-requirements - nearly all calculations and renderings will be done from the server - and the devices display them only. This meant a device which had a current browser which is able the handle html5 is enough.

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Your customer seems to worry about data volume and user count. Marcus already answered your questions, so I'm going to add just one small magical word: scalability. Qlik software allows you to start with one hardware server with a Xeon processor and 32GB of memory to serve a large document to 10+ local users and expand your architecture to terabytes of RAM (aggregated) and 10000+ users located around the globe. All without changing your original BI document.

Qlik software is extremely scalable. Just add (virtual) machines and licenses and your Qlik environment can grow with your business needs.

Peter