Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunny_talwar

Testing connection to MySQL

Hi Friends -

I have been tasked to test the connection to MySQL and I have been told that the MySQL Connector has been installed on the QA server. I have no idea how to test the connection. Would someone be able to lay out steps to test the connection. Do I need to install MySQL on my machine also?

All inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Sunny

1 Solution
17 Replies
antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Sunny,

You don't need to install MySQL in Your computer.

You install MySQL connector (I use ODBC 5.3 64 bit).

Then configure Windows ODBC Data Source, like

Regards,

Antonio

mohitd910
Creator II
Creator II

Sunny Yes you need to install MYSQL in your server. Without MYSQL how can you test your connector or string.

You must need to install.Only then you can test your connector or string.

2) Or if the MY Sql is installed on the server and server has public IP then you can test from anywhere. If public ip is available on Server and MYSQL installed without installing in your system.

3.) Neet to take care ports are open or not for data reading.

Thanks

sunny_talwar
Author

Antonio -

This would test the connection on my computer, right? How would I test this on QA Server? MySQL Connector is already installed on QA Server, I just need to test the connection to make sure that it is ready to pull data when needed.

Thanks,

Sunny

sunny_talwar
Author

Mohit my expertise are very basic in this (probably 0) and you will have to go easy on your use of the terminology. I get the first point, but have no idea about the second and third bullet point.

mohitd910
Creator II
Creator II

2.) Bro if you are able to access your Server outside your organisation. then you have public IP .

Then you need to check in your Server MYSQL is installed or not. If installed then you can check directly without installing in your system.

3.) In 3 point need to check to rules for the user. you have reading access for that user or not bro.

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

If Test on Your computer is OK, then QA Server is ready to pull data to other Client.

However You can make same test on QA Server (Windows or Linux ?)

sunny_talwar
Author

Thanks Mohit -

-> I think we I would try to connect to the QA Server through my personal computer, it won't let me login. So I think that would mean that the server doesn't have public IP.

-> MySQL connector is installed on the server. Is that different to MySQL or do you mean MySQL connector?

-> I don't know what access I have, but that is something I can check.

sunny_talwar
Author

It is Windows 2008 R2

sunny_talwar
Author

antoniotiman‌ - How do I reach here? I used it before, but can't remember the path

Capture.PNG