Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prees959
Creator II
Creator II

Testing v11 docs in v12....

Hi,

We need to upgrade from v11.2 to v12.  We have created a temp server to install QV v12 Desktop and now need to open our v11.2 apps to see if they work correctly.

We all have full user cal access on the server that is running v11.2 - but when I try to open copy of an App on our temp v12 server I get the "This document was created by another Qlikview Personal Edition User etc"

What would be the correct way to carry out these version Tests as we don't have a second v12 Qlikview Server...

Many thanks

Phil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You haven't licensed your QlikView Desktop 12 yet. You can do that by starting Qlikview Desktop 12 and then in the File menu choose the Open in Server option. Then connect to your Qlikview 11 server to lease a license from it. Just open a document from the Qlikview 11 server that way and if license leasing has been enabled you'll get a license. Once you've leased a license you can open any Qlikview document created by any other Qlikview installation.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You will need to log in as your user in QV12, so basically you have both Desktop 11 and 12 in the same computer, or request Qlik for a temporary license.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You haven't licensed your QlikView Desktop 12 yet. You can do that by starting Qlikview Desktop 12 and then in the File menu choose the Open in Server option. Then connect to your Qlikview 11 server to lease a license from it. Just open a document from the Qlikview 11 server that way and if license leasing has been enabled you'll get a license. Once you've leased a license you can open any Qlikview document created by any other Qlikview installation.

prees959
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the advice Both!

Much appreciated

Phil

prees959
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Both,

Just to check should I be using the  qvp://...  url in the Open in Server Dialogue box ?open_in_Server.PNG

When I try qvp://.....  I get the following :

open_in_Server2.PNG

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You have to, to get a valid license, pointing to the QlikView server which has a valid license.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yeah, you use qvp://servername to connect to the Qlikview server. Make sure it's reachable at port 4747.