Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m2r4miller
Contributor III
Contributor III

Text Format in Bar Charts

In a Bar Chart, in the Expressions tab, you can set Text Format for the Expression:

Expression.png

However, it appears that the only thing you can do with this is set the following HTML tags: <B>, <I>, <U> for Bold, Italics, or Underline, respectively.

Does anyone know of a way to set the background color of the text? You can't use the Background Color you see in the image above because that sets the color of the bar, and I need to set the background color of the text.

Ideally I would like to use a <style> phrase in the Text Format, however, QV 12 ignores it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message was edited by: Mark Miller It is a real shame that QlikView does not support the <style> HTML tag in the Text Format expression. Perhaps in QV13? I can only hope!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Nope. You can only use B, I and U for bold, italic and underlined: '<B>', '<IU>' etc. If you want more options then you'll have to code an extension (or make somebody create that kind of extension for you).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

In the "Text Format" do not get it. The options are: Bold <B>, italic <I> and Underline <U>.

I'm not sure I understand, but you want the values of expression become the color of the colored background?

m2r4miller
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Marcio,

I want to format the text as bold with a fixed background color for the text, that way the text will always be easy to read.

As an example, here is what the code would look like in HTML:

The number 1234 above is created with this HTML SPAN tag: <span style="font-weight: bold; background-color:aqua;">1234</span>

In the example, I am using aqua as the background-color - in my chart I wish to use white because then the text will always be visible and easy to read.

Is there any way to make QV 12 recognize the HTML SPAN tag?

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mark, I believe you can not make it.

Change the color of the values of the bars does not to be util?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Nope. You can only use B, I and U for bold, italic and underlined: '<B>', '<IU>' etc. If you want more options then you'll have to code an extension (or make somebody create that kind of extension for you).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand