Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Text box vlookup?

Hey guys,

hopefully somebody can help me with this. I am trying to create a text box that displays if there is a promotion on in that store. I also would like it that if you clicked on the textbox it activates a table that is filtered by the store in question.

For example Best Buy would display as yes (because there is an instant saving promotion there) and when I click it it activates a table with all the Best Buy info listed.

Any ideas?

yesno.PNG.png

mechant.PNG.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add a Select in Field action to the text object so that clicking the text object results in a selection.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps something like this: =if(sum({<Store={'Best Buy'}>}[Instant Savings]),'yes','no'). If not, please post a .qvw document with data so we can at least make an educated guess instead of a blind guess.

Not applicable
Author

Thankyou.

This works when the table is already filtered to show only best buy products. Is it possible to have the text box act as both a button and a filter?

For example when I click the text box it activates a table filtered only by the specific product?

The dataset is huge and we have a very private data policy here but maybe I can put something together.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add a Select in Field action to the text object so that clicking the text object results in a selection.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be like attached sample?

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much. I didn't realise I could do this with select in field which is a very simple solution.

You guys rock!