Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Textbox naming all products with certain criteria

Hi everyone,

the dashboard I am creating gives an overview over the products of my company and of course it´s revenue data etc. All these products are grouped into two different portfolio, A and B.

One of my users requested the following and I am uncertain if and (if yes) how I can implement it:

- He want´s a list of all products that are included in Portfolio A. The list cannot be fixed, because the portfolios are constantly changing. He wants this list to be shown all the time - no matter wheater Portfolio A or Portfolio B is currently seleted.

- I was thinking about creating a textbox but I am lacking the idea of how to get that list.

Can someone help me with this? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Lina

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Lina,

PFA

I used Count({1<Portfolio={"A"}>}1)  as expression and Product as dimension

Regards,
Sergey

View solution in original post

7 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Lina,

try a straight_table chart - dimension "Portfolio" and expressions would be your products (you will probably need some line_id (to be created in the script using RowNo()) so that there is only one product per "dimension_point" to display)

How often you reload that app depends only on the capacity of your server - you can set it to reload constantly if that is your requirement (I assume that you have a QlikViewServer)

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

maxgro
MVP
MVP

maybe something as

=concat({1 <Portfolio={A}>} distinct Product & chr(10))

but it depends on the meaning of "products included" and your db too

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi,

Can you share your app?

At the moment I can add to DataNibbler's response that you can have straight table with Portfolio as dimension and Only({1} Product) as expression. It means that it doesn't meter what is selected - it will always show the list of products in portfolios

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for!

Not applicable
Author

Hey Sergey,

thanks for your response. What I managed so far, is a textbox. It shows only those products in Portfolio A.

The problem with the textbox-solution is that my users won´t be able to select anything from it.

Thus, I am now trying to implement the straight-table option that you mentioned.

Is there a way to include only the products in the straight table, that belong to Portfolio A? No matter what the user selects (even if he selects Portfolio B) this list should be fixed to Portfolio A-products.

I attached a test-version of my app to this comment. I hope it helps to illustrate what I am working on.

Thanks again for your help!

Lina

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Lina,

PFA

I used Count({1<Portfolio={"A"}>}1)  as expression and Product as dimension

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author