Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbrown24
Contributor II
Contributor II

The lovely YTD expression :0(

Hello all;

I have a bit of an issue, I want to display the YTD on my line graph by month. Unfortunately I cant upload any contents due to the highly sensitive nature of the data. I used this expression which I pulled from one of you in the community, which now has my fields listed:

=Sum({<YearNBR={$(=Max({1}YearNBR))}>} JournalAmount)

the expression worked great initially because no matter what month/year I selected it remained as the current year data, however; when I reloaded, the charts no longer disregards all selections. All I want to do is have the chart(s) stay at the sum of the journal entries by month for the current year regardless of what month/year is chosen. Below is a snapshot of the chart, expression and date filters on the left. Any help on this would be much appreciated! uhhhggggg btw I have section access set up on this dashboard as wellqlikjournalex.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be try this

=Sum({1<YearNBR={$(=Max({1}YearNBR))}>} JournalAmount)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try this

=Sum({1<YearNBR={$(=Max({1}YearNBR))}>} JournalAmount)

rbrown24
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Sunny,

I appreciate your response, when I tried your suggestion it affected the sum, but it did hold the year view any idea why?

sunny_talwar

affected the sum? does that mean the value of sum changed? May be you don't want to ignore all selections, but only a few of them? If that is true, then maybe try like this

=Sum({<YearNBR={$(=Max({1}YearNBR))}, Year, Month, Quarter, QuarterYear, MonthYear>} JournalAmount)

The above expression ignores selection in few Date and Time related fields, but respect selection in everything else.

rbrown24
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

yes the value of the sum changed, I will give it a shot and let you know

rbrown24
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Uhhgg my apologies Sunny, your 1st suggestion did work I put the expression on the wrong chart without updating my field name....it figures. Thankyou! I will mark your 1st response as correct/answered