cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atsushi_saijo
Creator II
Creator II

The use case of 'State::' in alternative state, and use of '::' in general

Would you possibly clarify what means 'State::' in the alternative states? This is in the QlikView page 833 user manual.

• count({$<[Invoice Number] = State::[Invoice Number]>} DISTINCT [Invoice Number])

Also, I wonder if there are any usage patterns of '::'? We know that '$::' can be used as the selection on default state. But since we have 'State::', maybe we have other use cases too?

The QlikView manual uses '::' in the explanatory sentences for scripts and expressions. I was wondering if it is related to this? If so, almost all expressions and scripts would be applicable, but maybe this is my incorrect presumption?

[Example]

binary file

where:

file ::= [ path ] filename

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atsushi_saijo
Creator II
Creator II
Author

This was resolved: the "State::" is the alternative state name. :: is used only in the syntax of set analysis in context of the alternative state. I hereby place this as answered and close the topic.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
atsushi_saijo
Creator II
Creator II
Author

This was resolved: the "State::" is the alternative state name. :: is used only in the syntax of set analysis in context of the alternative state. I hereby place this as answered and close the topic.