Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Timestamp only showing half the time

Hey fellow QV'ers!

I am running an external bat script which creates a csv file with the timestamp and date of when the script was run.

I am then using this csv file in my QV script to display the time for when the bat script was last run.

Strangely enough it works about half of the time. The way I can tell something is wrong is by looking at my application and the time and date simply does not show. But I get no script errors so it is hard to track what is "wrong".

When I arrive work in the morning it does not display time and date, but around 10-11 in the morning it just starts displaying again until the workday is over. I have yet to find exact times for when it works and not, but there seems to be a pattern at least.

Anyone had any similar issues? I have checked my csv file both at times when it does display and not, and it looks the same (e.g. the timestamp is still there, even when it doesn't work).

The .csv file has the following format: MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss

The publisher running the file is set to the same, but in my script I use a nested timestamp function in order to display it as DD.MM.YYYY - hh:mm:ss.

I am running out of ideas of why this only works half of the time, so I would be really grateful if anyone has any input as to what could be causing this.

2 Replies
senarath
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

I also had a same issue once and was ok after using below way.

(Timestamp(Timestamp#(INDEXED_DATE_TIME,'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss')),'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss')

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your input.

I am already using the exact same code as you suggested in my script, but it still fails to display in some given timeframe.

It should perhaps be noted that in my application I use a text object with the expression =timestamp(Cur, 'DD.MM.YYYY - hh:mm:ss')