Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today function returning yesterday

Hi guys,

Looking on my Qlikview file i got some wrong values. Analising it i got that "=Today()" was returning the date of yesterday. Anyone have some idea?

8 Replies
Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

What is your computer's date/time? Is that identifying today or tomorrow?

Perhaps adjust to =date(today()+1)

Not applicable
Author

If the file was reloaded yesterday and not today then it might show yesterday's date. If it was reloaded today and you have this problem maybe you can try using

Now()

ReloadTime()

functions to see what they return.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Refer to this.....

Today() -v- Now()

Today() will show you the day the document was last reloaded. Today(1) will show you the actual day it is today. Now() is a timestamp that is second-per-second as is much heavier.

Hope this helps.

its_anandrjs

May be your system date is 1 day old check your system date other wise plot =Now() in any text and then check what date is display.

Hope this helps

Thanks & Regards

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

today([timer_mode] )

Returns the current date from the system clock. The timer_mode may have the following values:

0 Date at script run
1 Date at function call
2 Date when the document was opened  

Default timer_mode is 2. The timer_mode = 1 should be used with caution, since it polls the operating system every second and hence could slow down the system.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You need to save, close and open de document again.

sohailansari201
Creator
Creator

Your QlikView software is open since yesterday. I have also noticed that today() returns the value of the day when QlikView was originally opened and not closed since. For e.g. if I open QlikView software on 1/1/2018 and keep it opened for the next several days, the today() function will still returns the 1/1/2018 as the result. Therefore, just close the QlikView and reopen it and this problem will be fixed.

a_jimenez
Contributor
Contributor

Best Explanation for this issue! Clear & Simple. Wish most of the QV responses were as easy to digest as your response.