Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Top 15 without Dimension limitation

Hi,

I'm currently trying to make a Top 15 but the Dimension Limit won't return what I need.

Currently, it's a straight table with 2 dimensions: [Client] and [Project]

Now the trick is that I need to make a Top 15 for the YTD expression so my expression looks like:

(sum({< Calendar.MonthYear=,[Person={'$(vPerson)'} , main_refdate={'$(vSetYTD)'}>}Billed_Amount_GBP_Prof)

-sum({< Calendar.MonthYear=,[Person={'$(vPerson)'} , main_refdate={'$(vSetYTD)'}>}Cost_SalaryCost*Profitability_KPI.Billed_Hours)

-sum({< Calendar.MonthYear=,[Person={'$(vPerson)'} , main_refdate={'$(vSetYTD)'}>}Cost_OverHeadCost*Profitability_KPI.Billed_Hours)

-sum({< Calendar.MonthYear=,[Person={'$(vPerson)'} , main_refdate={'$(vSetYTD)'}>}Cost_Ptr_Draw*Profitability_KPI.Billed_Hours))

/

sum({< Calendar.MonthYear=,[Person={'$(vPerson)'} , main_refdate={'$(vSetYTD)'}>}Profitability_KPI.Billed_Amount_GBP_Prof)

When I use the Dimension limit, It returns more than the First 15 rows that I'm setting.

How can I proceed?

Thanks for you help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PrashantSangle

Hi,

In one chart you can show either top 15 Client or top 15 Project

So choose which one you required. Then write only that dimension with Rank()

and other one is your normal

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

Use Rank()

You will get so many example for Rank() in Qlikview Community.

Regards

Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

I tried and altered by Dimensions:

Client:

=if(

aggr(

rank(

(

(sum({< Calendar.MonthYear=,Person={'$(vPerson)'} , main_refdate={'$(vSetYTD)'}>}Billed_Amount_GBP_Prof)

-sum({< Calendar.MonthYear=,Person={'$(vPerson)'} , main_refdate={'$(vSetYTD)'}>}Cost_SalaryCost*Billed_Hours)

-sum({< Calendar.MonthYear=,Person={'$(vPerson)'} , main_refdate={'$(vSetYTD)'}>}Cost_OverHeadCost*Billed_Hours)

-sum({< Calendar.MonthYear=,Person={'$(vPerson)'} , main_refdate={'$(vSetYTD)'}>}Cost_Ptr_Draw*Billed_Hours))

/

sum({< Calendar.MonthYear=,Person={'$(vPerson)'} , main_refdate={'$(vSetYTD)'}>}Billed_Amount_GBP_Prof)

)

)

,Client

)<=15 ,Client

)

Project:

=if(

aggr(

rank(

(

(sum({< Calendar.MonthYear=,Person={'$(vPerson)'} , main_refdate={'$(vSetYTD)'}>}Billed_Amount_GBP_Prof)

-sum({< Calendar.MonthYear=,Person={'$(vPerson)'} , main_refdate={'$(vSetYTD)'}>}Cost_SalaryCost*Billed_Hours)

-sum({< Calendar.MonthYear=,Person={'$(vPerson)'} , main_refdate={'$(vSetYTD)'}>}Cost_OverHeadCost*Billed_Hours)

-sum({< Calendar.MonthYear=,Person={'$(vPerson)'} , main_refdate={'$(vSetYTD)'}>}Cost_Ptr_Draw*Billed_Hours))

/

sum({< Calendar.MonthYear=,Person={'$(vPerson)'} , main_refdate={'$(vSetYTD)'}>}Billed_Amount_GBP_Prof)

)

)

,Project

)<=15 ,Project

)

This did not work but I'm wondering if it's correct... It actually works but returns less than 15 Projects.   

PrashantSangle

Hi,

In one chart you can show either top 15 Client or top 15 Project

So choose which one you required. Then write only that dimension with Rank()

and other one is your normal

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. That was the problem.

I was applying the function to both dimension instead of the Projects one only.