Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swati_rastogi27
Creator
Creator

Totals Bar in Bar Chart

Hi Experts , 

I have region wise Sales figures in a Bar Chart along with Totals Bar. 

When I click on a specific Region I don't want the Totals Bar to show. Is it possible?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

You can take the dimension twice in bar chart. Ignore the error you get for having same dimension twice. Then use 'enable condition' for these dimensions. One dimension with 'Total' enabled, another without it. That should play the trick.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

You can take the dimension twice in bar chart. Ignore the error you get for having same dimension twice. Then use 'enable condition' for these dimensions. One dimension with 'Total' enabled, another without it. That should play the trick.

swati_rastogi27
Creator
Creator
Author

That worked, thanks! Is there a way a way to show the Totals bar as the first bar in the chart , since it appears as the last one by default?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Regarding the totals, about the best I can offer is to review the Help doc to see what the functionality is there, as that will be the official doc as to how things should behave:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Bar_Chart.htm

It may be helpful to attach a QVW file, or put up a new post on the totals question, as I am going to mark @tresesco  post as the solution given that addressed your original question.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.