Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
picturebox
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Totals in Pivot Tables

Hi,

in one of my pivot tables I get the grand totals for each column (formula) showing, as well as subtotals on the different dimensions.

In another of my pivot tables, I get all the subtotals for he dimensions, but I do not get a grand total for any of the formulas. I cannot fathom why?

Basically, the formulas are the same, it is just the dimensions that vary between the reports.

I cannot figure it out.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Petra

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You need to click on show partial sum on the Presentation tab

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You need to click on show partial sum on the Presentation tab

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
picturebox
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

The partial sums are greyed out on pivot. The only way I have been able to change those settings is to change the pivot into a table, change the settings, then go back to pivot. It still does not make a difference to getting the grand total showing. All the partial totals show in both pivots.

🙂

Not applicable

Hi

I had the same problem and it is basically because a pivot is unable to "sum" up totals if the formula used gives two or more different results. Qlikview is unable to choose which result is correct so it does not show anything. For example, if you have a dimension called Company and try to calculate the budget per day for each company. Company A has 300 budget days and Company B has 320 budget days. For a budget of 30000, the per day for A is 100 and for B is 94. When you ask for a partial sum of Company, the subtotal is blank because QlikView cannot figure out which budget day to use when calculating.

The way around it to do your calculations outside the chart ie in the script or to change your expression within the chart such that QlikView is able to come to just "one" answer when using the expression.

I still have not figured how to calculate per days using dynamic selections but if you have fixed budget figures, pre-calculating per day figures both helps in summing things and make creating charts quicker.

picturebox
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

I don't think this is the problem because these are plain additions on counters and the partial sums are fine. There is nothing complex about the functions at all...

🙂

picturebox
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

to add to this, you need to make sure your pivot is not in INDENT MODE. You cannot set partial sums when this mode is active. Deactivate Indent, set sums, then reset indent if you wish. Then it works!

Petra