Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shiva123
Creator
Creator

Totals on percentage keep on chaging

Hello,

all i  am  having trouble to display the same totals, while selecting the dimensions . my calculation is a combination of

gross amount - if flag = yes  qty * asp , gross amount / gross amount  and  i have  tried sum(aggr(.... dim1) dim1 meaning the calculation

which should not change, i have tried total function total<dimesion1 > .  even i tried   in the set analysis sum( dimension1 =, amt) nothing

worked .  is there any solution for this . attached is the copy , the dimension is  quarter which is  the selector , the column to see is Rate

that is the one keeps on changing  while selecting the SELECTOR  quarter ,

Thanks in advance . !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

So, no matter which quarter you select, you want to see 52% on all rows of the chart?

Capture.PNG

Shiva123
Creator
Creator
Author

nope  only the totals , if u change the cyclic group to period , you can see the exact problem . meaning when you the select  the quarter from selector the  rate  value calculates automatically  which  it should not

Shiva123
Creator
Creator
Author

sorry even  the row value  only for period dimension ..

thanks

Shiva123
Creator
Creator
Author

did u get any chance to look at this stalwar1

thanks

sunny_talwar

I think I am having a little hard time understanding what is not working. Can you share using images what is the issue?

Shiva123
Creator
Creator
Author

no selection.PNG20181 selection.PNG

stalwar1‌ see when selecting the  selector quarter the rate changes  which it should not. on the  other hand  it should also perform  its(rate) calculations when selecting  other dimensions in the cyclic group, but for period the total and individual row  values should be same . because that rate is driving other calculations .

please let me know if you need information . thanks for help ..

sunny_talwar

Check attached

Shiva123
Creator
Creator
Author

it works exactly what i  wanted, but the thing is that i have just scrambled  data here  in the attachment , when i take the exact formula and replace in my original qvw it doesn't work ..

Shiva123
Creator
Creator
Author

sorry my bad it . works ..  perfectly... stalwar1  you  are amazing... .. i have no words for you .. simply superb ...

awesome ..sunny