cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
achitreskyitgroup
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Transfer bookmarks from .Shared File to .Tshared File

I have an application which was has bookmarks saved in the .SHARED file. The new application for the same customer gives me a .TSHARED file. I want to copy the bookmarks over from the .Shared file to .TShared file. Is it possible?

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

It is not possible to copy contents between shared files, the only way to potentially accomplish this would be via APIs, but not something I would recommend.  Your best bet would be to allow the users that have bookmarks in the new file to record what they did, so they can recreate in the old file when you put things back.  Here is the Help link on the files too:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

You also realize you can simply swap the shared files too?  As long as the filename of the shared/tshared matches the QVW file, things will work, but you can only have one or the other, not both etc.  Please review the Help link for further details.  It sounds like what you did was moved the file or something and forgot to bring over the shared file, and the QVS settings are set to create a new tshared file if there is no existing shared file...  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.