cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Tree-view Expanded/Collapsed selections behaving differently

Hello, I have recently set up a hierarchy for accounting codes using the attached table and the following Load Script:

HIERARCHY(Code, Parent, Node_Name, ParentName, Node_Name, Path, '|')

LOAD Code, Parent, Node_Name

FROM [...\HierarchyTest.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

One of the issues that I am having is with how the listbox is behaving with selections on collapsed and expanded nodes.

8-14-2017scrshot.PNG8-14-2017scrshot2.PNG8-14-2017scrshot3.PNG8-14-2017scrshot4.PNG8-14-2017scrshot5.PNG

The above screenshots demonstrate what I am referring to. If I start with all of the nodes collapsed and select 200 and expand, all of its children are also selected. This is the behavior that I prefer. But if I expand the 200 node and select it, now only 200 is selected.

Is there any way that I can get it to have the same behavior when the node is expanded as to when it is collapsed?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be using a trigger is one option

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be using a trigger is one option

dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Good idea, I'll try that out.

dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

So I added the following Select in Field trigger to the Path field: ='("' & concat(DISTINCT Path, '*","') & '*")'

It now gives me the opposite of my initial issue. Now when I select an expanded node, it selects each child node. But if I select the collapsed node, it doesn't select at all. I've attached the qvw I've been using as an example.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You can use the Path field to select, as it should be more unique than the individual node (parent in this case) to select

100 - Instruction|200 - Support Services

The hierarchy is behaving as I would expect: if collapsed, the whole node and its leaves are selected, but if expanded, only the individual node is selected.

dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I guess I'm confused what you mean by use the Path field to select because I think I'm already doing that. I have the Path field in the listbox to get the tree view and I am selecting on the Path field in the trigger.

While that may be the expected behavior in some cases, I need the children to be selected as well. Basically, the 200 code is a grouping of the other 200 level accounting codes and shouldn't have any aggregate data. So when I select 200 on the tree view I would expect that all of its children are included as well. Essentially my data should only have dollar amounts at the lowest level of detail, and selecting a higher level of detail should provide you with a sum of all of the children.

dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Nevermind, the trigger did in fact work, but I was experience issues using ',' in the concat statement. When I switched it with '|' it worked fine.