Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trellis chart on multiple-page sheet report

Hi everyone,

I have a trellis chart which consists of 2 columns and 40 rows. I created a report and I used a Multi-paper page just for the trellis chart, so I was expecting it to expand over to multiple pages, but it does not. It will just stay to the first page,without printing the rest of the rows on the next page.

The manual mentions :

"A multi-paper page can contain one sheet object which may spread over a number of multi-paper pages (or PDF pages), depending on the amount of data to be printed. A multi-paper page is the typical choice when printing large tables... "

So other objects other than tables could be used? But it will not work on a trellis chart? Any ideas?

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think this worked only with tables and not with graphs. As alternatively you could try with a (report)-loop through your dimension (it's not the same then you would get several pdf and not one) or it might with a tool like QlikView NPrinting possible.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus and thanks for the quick reply. I already tried it with a loop and also through NPrinting, but the result is not what the client requires. It is way better to have a quick overview of i.e. 16 small charts per page, that is why it would be very useful if the trellis chart could expand over multiple pages.

So as far I understand this is not yet possible. Maybe it could be an R&D suggestion then?

marcus_sommer

To ask R&D respectively the Contact Qoncierge for help and support is a possibility. Faster would be to make it quick and dirty and create as many (restricted) charts as you needed. The restriction would be within the dimension or expression as condition and with hiding NULL - such condition could contain something like:

$(=fieldvalue('Dimension', 1)

or maybe

$(=subfield(concat(distinct Dimension, '|', SortDimension), '|', 1))

once created an checked it worked, then copy+paste and then change the return number (bolded) - and this could be on a hidden sheet only for this printing-reason and the normal view could be untouched.

- Marcus