Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claudio1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Trigger Macro on INPUTFIELD

Hi,

I have a table chart with 2 input fields defined inside the load script in this way:

INPUTFIELD field1, field2;

In my expressions i use InputSum(field1) and InputSum(field2) to have 2 editable columns.

Now, i would need to run a macro each time the user inputs a new value in these cells, so that i can make further selections on my data based on the user's inputs.

Is this possible?

I tried using the "Field Event Triggers" but i can't find a suitable event given that  the "onChange" does not fire when a change is made to a field but when a change is made to another field logically associated with the field, and this is not what i need.

Thank you in advance.

Claudio

2 Replies
Not applicable

Set up a document variable containing an expression something like this: =Sum(sales_forecast) where the value of the expression would change when the input field value changes. Then, set up a trigger that will fire when the value of the variable changes. Test it out - this method does not work with some releases of version 9.

claudio1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Tim,

I tried what you suggested but it seems the trigger for the event does not fire.

This is what i did :

1) I created a new variable called v_field1

2) I set the variable's value to =Sum(field1) (field1 is the field associated with the input field of the chart)

3) Inside the "Document Properties" i set the OnChange "Variable Item Trigger" of the v_field1 variable to a simple macro which outputs a message with msgbox "T"

I see that the value of the expression Sum(field1) changes when i input a value in my chart, the value of the variable v_field1 changes aswell, but the Macro i attached to the "OnChange" event of the variable is not called. I Tried to replace what i do inside the macro with something else (like setting another variable) but it's the same.

Am i missing something?

My Qlikview server and client is v 10 SR3.

Cheers,

Claudio