Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trigger OnOpen: Reload - Reload Fails

Hi all,

I have developed a .qvw at a client and they insisted on having the document reloaded every time it is opened. So I have triggered the document to reload 'OnOpen'.

However, now that I want to review the document on my local machine I don't have access to the database and logically, the reload fails. When it prompts me to 'Reload old data?' I select 'Yes' and QlikView returns with an error: 'QlikView 11.20 SR5 has stopped working'.

Is there any way that I can delete the OnOpen trigger or edit the script without actually opening the document?

Best regards,

Joost

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simonc-cfn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Greetings Joost,

You can perform the following steps to bypass triggers or macros setup to trigger OnOpen of a QVW...

1.     Open the QlikView Desktop application.

2.     Locate the QVW of interest in the folder where it resides

3.     Make sure the Desktop application and folder where the QVW resides are as windows side by side

4.     Hold down the Shift button on the keyboard.

5.     Click the left mouse button (for right hand mouse users : ) to drag the QVW file into the QlikView Desktop                     application

6.     If follow correctly, holding down the Shift key while opening the QVW will prevent macros and QV triggers from           executing.

Hope this helps.

Simon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
simonc-cfn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Greetings Joost,

You can perform the following steps to bypass triggers or macros setup to trigger OnOpen of a QVW...

1.     Open the QlikView Desktop application.

2.     Locate the QVW of interest in the folder where it resides

3.     Make sure the Desktop application and folder where the QVW resides are as windows side by side

4.     Hold down the Shift button on the keyboard.

5.     Click the left mouse button (for right hand mouse users : ) to drag the QVW file into the QlikView Desktop                     application

6.     If follow correctly, holding down the Shift key while opening the QVW will prevent macros and QV triggers from           executing.

Hope this helps.

Simon

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

The only thing i will recommend you is that the EDX Event Driven Execution.

This supports the event driven reloads by the server.

Follow this thread it is deeply based on this topic

Using EDX in QlikView 11 - basic example

EDX Trigger - External Event

Not applicable
Author

It worked. Thank you!