Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trigger "Select in field": not working for String

I'm trying to create a trigger that will use the action "select in field" to set my String field "Message" to: 'named cals are allocated'. The problem is that this String is a part of the field Message. The real and full value of Message is, for example: "CAL allocation: All 10 licensed Named CALs are allocated. No CAL assigned to user "REDECOMPESA\BRUNALOPES" - usage denied." and i want to search just for 'named cals are allocated'.

The problem is that the field Message is not being setted. I made a test with the field Year and when i putted a value that fully match the action wasn't setted and when i putted a value that existed the action worked.

So, can i use the action "Select in Field" using part of the field value?

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Danilo,

Your serach string should start and end with *.  It works exactly the same way as you search in a list box

*named cals are allocated*

It is not case-sensitive.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Danilo,

Your serach string should start and end with *.  It works exactly the same way as you search in a list box

*named cals are allocated*

It is not case-sensitive.

Regards,

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you  Michael, it worked fine!

I have another problem now: When i put my qvw on server the trigger didnt work. nothing happened  (and i'm sure that the file is updated because others modifications are availables).

There are some configurations that i need to trigger works fine on server?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you implemented your trigger as "action" - it should work on server.

Did you implement it through a macro?  If yes, it depends on macro security, on what else is in macro...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yeah... i'm using the trigger of the folder and i added a action when it opens.