Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trigger to clear field and select same field

Hi,

I have a scenario in which I want the trigger to have 2 actions - Clear Field A and Select Field A for particular condition. However, the trigger functions only to perform 2nd action - Select Field A based on particular condition. Due to this, I am unable to get the correct output since some values are missing since the field was not cleared with 1st action.

I tried replacing Clear Field A with Select Field A and Null in the Search String but the trigger still performs only 2nd action and skips the first one.

How do I set the trigger to perform both the actions? Can anyone help?

Thanks,

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample where you are seeing this issue?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

If you remove the select in field trigger does the clear field work?

Not applicable
Author

its not very clear, does your selection based on some set analysis ? or hard coded ? if using set analysis you can ignore the same field in the set

ex: '("' & concat({<field=, other sets >}field,'"|"')  & '")'

Not applicable
Author

If I understand - you have a value selected in field a - you apply your trigger and you now have the initial value that was set in field a along with the value in field a the trigger set?  does that sound correct

If you could share your qvw or send us wht you are doing for the clear, it would be a great help

what kicks off the trigger? opening the applciation - activate or leave a sheet or do you have a text box or button that calls the actions?

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I have attached a sample file. Its not exactly what I am working on but similar. In this file, there are 3 fields - Company, GDP Range and Quarter.

This is how the flow goes:

Step 1: The user first selects the GDP Range. In the actual data that I am working on I do not have GDP Range fixed but variable calculated dynamically depending on various fields like year, quarter etc. So now, if you select "Upper" in the listbox in this file, companies with "Upper" GDP Range gets selected.

Step 2: The user selects the Quarter. In my actual data, since GDP is not fixed, when Quarter is selected, the GDP is recalculated and some companies that were initially not having GDP Upper has Upper GDP for that particular quarter. However, since the Upper was selected in Step 1, those companies that got GDP Upper for the quarter selected do not get selected. Similarly, in this example file, if you select "Upper" first and then "Q1", not all companies with "Q1" comes up but only those that has GDP Upper and Q1. So, is it possible that when "Q1" is selected, the companies are cleared and then companies with "Q1" is selected? This might help to solve the issue with my actual data file..

Not applicable
Author

Yes, clear field works alone with the select in field action

Not applicable
Author

Yes, my selection is based on set analysis and I am using the syntax similar to what you have given here

Not applicable
Author

not sure if this helps your req ...