Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trigger to set variable to null

Hi All,

I'm using input boxes and variables to allow users to put in lower and upper limits for a selection.  The triggers are working for this selection (<= and >=) so that only values between what they have entered are selected.

Now, when they clear all selections obviously the seleciton created by those variables is cleared but unfortunately the values they have input in the input boxes remain - so some people may get confused in this situation as to why there are values when they've cleared the selection.

I have tried putting a trigger on the clear selections button to set the variable to ='', but this doesn't work.

Does anyone know how I set up a trigger to make a number variable = null or blank?  I have tried putting:

=null()

this works for a variable with no constraints but not for one that must be a number.

Thanks in advance.

GPC

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In the Set Variable action simpy leave the Value value empty. The action will then empty the variable.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for your reply, however that doesn't seem to work for me unfortunately...  I left it blank but it doesn't empty the variable.

Thanks

GPC