Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Triggers getting deleted by itself

Hi,

I had written so many triggers one hour back in my file, but when i open it now, those triggers are not there in the file.

What might be the problem?

Is there any virus attack to the file?

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Forgot to save?

Not applicable
Author

May be u hv not saved mistakly..dont think about virus..it will work again create it >Apply>save..

regards-bika

Not applicable
Author

I saved the file, and i had kept the back up option in settings->user preferences also.

I have two copies of my file, but in those file also i dont have those triggers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That probably means that somebody/something overrode the newer version with triggers.  For example, you open the file on network, and make changes, and save.  Somebody else opened the same file (before you saved), and saved it (with no changes), after you.

Not applicable
Author

Have you

1. Opened the file with no data?

2. Reduced data

3. Run the load script as a test and have an exit script early on (therefore removing fields from the data model)

Any of the above could cause trigger loss is those triggers are held against fields.

Not applicable
Author

But i am developing the file in my local laptop. I save it in my system.

So there is no possibility of others using my file at the same time.

Not applicable
Author

I have opened the file with all data, no reduced data and i did not run the load script.

But also i lost all the triggers which i had written 2hours before i checked it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Complete mystery...

azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III

i have exactly the same Problem!

no new idea?