Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Triggers

This is likely the simplest thing to do but i just can't seem to get Qlikview to do it. How do i select more than one values as default selection for when you activate a tab?

For Example, I have the field "region" with values like US, Brazil, France, Germany, UK, China, India, etc. I want to select both Germany and UK as the default locked selection for the page but properties>trigger>select in field would only let me select one. Separating UK and Germany by a comma in "Search string" won't work either. Suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi,

this can be done by using bookmarks.

just do the selection and then Add bookmark. after that in your trigger>bookmarks>applybookmarks give the bookmark id.

you can get bookmark id from bookmark>more

Please find the attached sample app

HTH

Sushil

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi,

this can be done by using bookmarks.

just do the selection and then Add bookmark. after that in your trigger>bookmarks>applybookmarks give the bookmark id.

you can get bookmark id from bookmark>more

Please find the attached sample app

HTH

Sushil

neetu_singh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

In the trigger tab, add action "Select In Field". In Field use the field name as "Region" and in search string you can add multiple values as mention below:

='(Germany|UK)'

It will work.

Thanks

Neetu

Not applicable
Author

I think following way you can implement your requiremnt.

1.  Select Germany and UK from your region field and apply book mark on the same selections.

2.  Get that book mark id from Bookmark-->more...

3.  Go to Properties->triggers->actions->add action type as 'Bookmark' and action as 'apply bookmark'->give that    bookmark ID.

On activated page your 2 selections ll come.

Hope this ll work.

All d best.