Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trying to gather SQL data into one table

Hi,

I am trying to build a simple table in QlikView, based on data gathered from SQL tables.

I keep running into two issues, neither of which seem to be addressed in the manuals.

I already have an SQL script which selects all data from 3 separate tables (using JOIN), and displays them in 5 columns, side by side.  So far so good.

Next, I created a second sheet which displays the same data. But, on this second sheet, I want to create a separate SQL query which will display data ONLY for those people who have certain fields "not empty".

For example :  SELECT * where email is not null........

I tried this in two ways :

(a) I simply edited the main script, by adding the second SQL below the first.  This seemed to work. But, it also updated the first sheet with the new info.  I don't want this to happen;  I need second SQL query to affect only the second sheet.

(b) so, I tried another way :  I decided to create a List Box in the second sheet, containing 2 expressions :

=not IsNull(email)

=not IsNull(telephone)

=count( )   ---- this should count the resulting number of people who satisfy both the first two expressions.

Unfortunately, my "List Box" is going haywire. It's not giving me any legible results. 

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Morning Stephen

Have you checked the table viewer? unless you are using noconcatenate both of your scripts are likely to be creating only one table so you may want to try renaming your fields in the second script so they are spearate fields you can use for the second sheet.

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Stephen,

If you are using 2 different SQL SELECT statements, the liklihood is that it's creating a synthetic table.

Can you share the Table Viewer image or your script.

Regards

Alan