Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III

Twisted Scenario in QlikView Need Help !!!!!!

Hi All,

Recently i am facing a twisted scenario which i am unable to resolve now i need you guys help. Please see the scenario with data in attachment.

Thanks & Regards,

Muhammad

19 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

is it always the start of the month date that is selected? What if you select 15-05-2015? What do you want to see then?

Slowly changing dimensions could be a solution here. or interval match if you have fixed time frames

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Muhammad,

sound like ad hoc reporting may help, see the attached

https://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2014/01/31/customizable-straight-table

Andy

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Not necessarily it can be any dates. For example if user select 05/14/2015 then its shows all quantity before and equal to that date. And if users select multiple dates. For example if he select 05/14/2015, 05/15/2015 and 05/18/2015. The result should be same as specified in the attached excel sheet.

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Andrew

it's not the ad hoc reporting. What i want is below:

For example if user select 05/14/2015 then its shows all quantity before and equal to that date. And if users select multiple dates. For example if he select 05/14/2015, 05/15/2015 and 05/18/2015. The result should be same as specified in the attached excel sheet. Means if i select multiple dates like above so for this date 05/14/2015 it will sum up all the quantity till that date and for 05/15/2015 it will sum up all the quantity between 05/14/2015-05/15/2015 and  for 05/18/2015 it will sum up all the quantity from 05/16/2015 to 05/18/2015. Please see the attachment.

Thanks

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Then you need slowly changing dimensions in order to specify every possible combination. Not o very good idea if you have large data sets

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ioannis,

We used slowly changing dimension in order to cater if there is change in Dimension. For example Sales person designation is Sales Executive on 1/1/2015 but on 3/1/2015 sales person designation changed to junior sales executive and further on 8/1/2015 his designation again changed to Senior Sales Executive. So slowly changing dimension cater this scenario. My scenario is different please see my comments and attachment.

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Please help me out guys

Robert_Mika

gwassenaar

Your help would be highly obliged.

Thanks

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi All Community members,

If any one have faced this scenario. Please help us out.

Thanks